Pastor: Fr. Francis Tandoh, CSSp
Associate Pastor: Fr. Matthew Amoako-Attah, CSSp
Address: 519 Liscum Drive
Dayton OH 45428-0065
Parish website & contact information: www.unitedinhope.org (under construction); Janice Kwofie, 937-268-6697 ext 204
St. Benedict the Moor Catholic Church is the congregational repository of three Catholic churches in the Dayton Community: St. John the Baptist, St. James and Resurrection of Our Lord. St. John the Baptist was founded in 1894, St. James in 1919 and Resurrection of Our Lord in 1920. St. John was the first to embrace African-Americans as they migrated from the South to the Dayton area. In the meantime, Resurrection Parish was working diligently to find a home in response to the growing number of parish families in the western part of Dayton. St. James Catholic Church was striving to meet the needs of people in the Edgemont area of Dayton.